Wings Over Camarillo Air Show Media Day
Update – August 16, videos and photos:
Avery Willis introduces Maj Keith Smith and Antonio Fucci on 2016 Wings Over Camarillo Media day
Member volunteer Trace Eubanks introduces his father, 2016 Wings Over Camarillo Grand Marshal, Bob Eubanks
On Thursday, August 11, 2015 from 9:00 am to 12:00 pm, the Camarillo Wings Association, in collaboration with the Commemorative Air Force (CAF) Museum Southern California Wing, Experimental Aircraft Association (EAA) Chapter 723, and the Ventura County Ninety-Nines, is sponsoring a Media Day for the Wings Over Camarillo Air Show, being held this year on August 20th and 21st.
Intended to accommodate press interest prior to the airshow, this event is closed to the public.
The Media Day event is scheduled a week prior to the air show to accommodate press interest and weekend press deadlines. The first flyby starts at 9:30 am at the CAF Museum. Members of the press can look forward to the following:
- Meet our 2016 Grand Marshall, Bob Eubanks.
- Meet several military veterans, including Major Keith Smith, USAF (Ret.), who flew 1000 hours in a B-25 during WWII and will be taking a flight in the B-25-PBJ.
- Meet performers including Judy Phelps and Tim Just.
- Take photos of a variety of planes and classic car displays.
- Photograph low passes from Tim Just and Judy Phelps, an experimental formation flight, and a flight of CAFSoCal’s newly restored B25-PBJ.