The Commemorative Air Force (CAF) is an all-volunteer organization, with members from all walks of life, dedicated to preserving the history of WWII aircraft for generations to come. The CAF is a non-profit 501(c)3, privately funded and totally self-supporting organization.
TO EDUCATE, INSPIRE, AND HONOR THROUGH FLIGHT AND LIVING HISTORY EXPERIENCES
“A generation which ignores history has no past, and no future” – Robert Heinlein.
The CAF was founded to acquire, restore and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States, and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.
More than just a collection of airworthy warplanes from the past, the CAF’s fleet of historic aircraft, known as the CAF Ghost Squadron, recreate, remind and reinforce the lessons learned from the defining moments in American military aviation history.
Would you like to be a part of this great mission?
Join the CAF with an honorary rank of colonel and help keep these magnificent aircraft flying. This is our creed and more. It’s who we are, what we do and why we do it. Help history soar!
1. To acquire, restore and preserve in flying condition a complete collection of combat aircraft which were flown by all military services of the United States and selected aircraft of other nations, for the education and enjoyment of present and future generations of Americans.
2. To construct or obtain museum buildings for the permanent protection, maintenance, and display of these historic aircraft, period artifacts, and documents as a tribute to the thousands of men and women who built, serviced and flew them, and to build and organize the “Combat Airman Hall of Fame.”
3. To perpetuate the spirit in which such combat aircraft were flown in the defense of our nation, in the memory and hearts of all Americans.
4. To establish an organization having the dedication, enthusiasm and esprit de corps necessary to operate, maintain and preserve these aircraft as symbols of our American Military Aviation Heritage.
5. To receive gifts, legacies, and grants of money and property of every kind and to administer the same for the purposes herein stated, and to do anything necessary or proper for the accomplishment of these purposes; to lease, purchase, hold, have, use, and take possession of and enjoy fee simple or otherwise any personal property necessary for the uses and purposes of the corporations; and to sell, lease, alienate, or dispose of the same at the pleasure of the corporation and for the uses and purposes for which said corporation is formed; and to buy and sell real estate or personal property and to apply the proceeds of sale, including any and all income, to the uses and purposes of the corporation.
CONNECT WITH US